November 14, 2010

Towards the end

Am almost reaching the final stages of book publication for my next book: The Black Book of Indian Cuss and Slurs.
Now that's the sub-title. I have been brainstorming a lot on a suitable title, but to no avail. I found "HYMNS OF THE FOUL TONGUE" appealing. But that sounds thanda to junta. Finally a friend suggested "F_BEEP M_BEEP". I found the name brainless but then now the whole book seems brainless to me.

When I had started out I knew this is an irrelevant topic and my approach is even more irrelevant. I was writing for myself: it just ended up a non-fiction. Etching out time from a new (and demanding) job, I did manage to end it but now i wonder if its at all meant for readers.

But then there is always this assurance: friends and family. Sorry, only friends. Family would doom me if they get a copy of the book. Friends have been tolerating my writings and will keep doing so. As regards a writing career, I am not sure I any longer intend to have one full time. Writing tits and bits here and there would suffice, i guess.

Applied Psychology has been a bestseller in UPSC market afterall. I hadn't expected this good response after psychology tutors just wrote it off. Now I realise the psychology coaching teachers in Delhi were just feeling threatened by a to-the-syllabus book. Many ppl have even requested me to come out with a book on paper 1 and a book on sociology. Nah, I don't want to write for competitive exams. I wrote the book then because i liked reading psycho. Now i have moved on to law and accounts :) It is the dumbest to write for business. All those people who make a living out of writing have an intrinsic motivation driving them; a passion to write. Competitive book authors are not, in the real sense of the word, writers. They are businessmen.

Now something about my next venture. Ram Gopal Verma once said he conceptualises his next movie by the time one ends. May be that's why his factory productions produces so sub-standard movies these days. Btw, I plan to start working on a documentary movie on Orissa's business trends in January. Have to pursue Ortel guys for a break.




6 comments:

Mani Lalwani said...

don't know much abt the technicality but I sorta loved the subtitle
"F_BEEP M_BEEP"

Best of luck for all the future endeavors :)

would be great if you could stop by my blog. Ur writing has been a inspiration for me being here after all :)

cheers...

Mani Lalwani said...

don't know much abt the technicality but I sorta loved the subtitle
"F_BEEP M_BEEP"

Best of luck for all the future endeavors :)

would be great if you could stop by my blog. Ur writing has been a inspiration for me being here after all :)

cheers...

Smarak said...

@ Mani sure dude... i see more of myself in bloggers than in ppl in real world

Sehar said...

the subtitle may be "seriously nonsense"but sounds interesting
simply love ur writings sir

looking forward to the book
n that was so damn correct that competitive book authors are not writers
take care
Dr Pooja

Unknown said...

i am eagerly awaiting the book man... i have already created a buzz among friends, and many of them are females too :)

Smarak said...

@ CMT zyada hype mat kar be... hav i send u a copy yet?