June 21, 2005

Summer Heat N More

This summer, I believe, was my best summer. I say 'was' because monsoons are knocking at the doors. I was surprised to see the climate amiable and cool when I came for office from hostel at 2:00 today. I m learning a lot from my training at Tata Steel, along with the 10K stipend. I now know the organisation here, i know the people, the frustration of employees and i have garnered interest in my project. Guess what...my project is in power systems (used to remind me of the dreaded prof. AK Sinha one time). I now know that as the name goes, 'Power controls the world, we control Power' of EE students, power really controls the world -be it money power, political power or electrical power.

My views about Civil Services is also changing. At one time, I thought it a lack lustre and boring career to pursue. Not now. I am getting interested in power politics, in society, sociology and science of human welfare. Fame is what i want most. Fame among my men...

Another major difference in my attitude has come after meeting and interacting with non-IITian students. They are, surprisingly, arbit type people. Very few among them realise its not the knowledge but management of knowledge that matters most for technicians. These people are more of 'skilled labours' (as US/UK embassies call indian immigrants) rather than tech. managers.

Lipi Nani got a job, albeit a small one. N I am proud I got her the job. In fact she would have got it long back. Only daddy delayed due to varied reasons. Sis is living in a metropolis for the first time n mom is damn worried. So she was when I was first left in Kharagpur...

Enuf of my personal life. I sometimes wonder whom i m writing for? Very few people read my blog regularly. My literary career is dwindling down. After some criticaL aclaims for 'The Peepul', I haven't been upto anything. Haven't written anything worthwhile in last three months or so...

No comments: