June 29, 2009

No Woman, No Cry

Well, this is a poem that occured to me while I was listening to Bob Marley the other day. You must have heard his masterpiece No woman, No cry. This poem, may I say, came to me while I was trying to get to Marley mood


No woman, no cry
Neither stress, nor tears
No woman, no cry
No bloody hangovers

But then life's so dry
Void and lonely
Not a soul to pry
Just an obligation to live

I did try
Mister Marley I did
Booze and joint, what not
Still this dry

Bloody lemme cry
Let me pay the price

5 comments:

Pilani Pictures said...

Was this a product of Joint?

Smarak said...

nopes... i stay away frm these :)

Unlike real poets, i dont write what comes to me by strong emotions, rather write light stuff... so i dont really mean ny of it

Deepika said...

you yourself contradicted ur words :))

HaRy!! said...

agree with deepika...:) c yu around tak care!

Absolutely Lost said...

Is this yours or marley's ?